(I am back and we have some things to discuss. Can't... control.... anger!"

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Poop

"Hey we're going to go ahead and have a working lunch so we can plow through this stuff. Don't worry - lunch will be provided." Fuck you - I fucking hate you.
(1) Don't take my 1 hour of happiness away
(2) Why would you order a lunch and not get the cookies - that is the only good part
(3) Yes I am sure some meal will be delivered - but that is not why I go to lunch - unless John and Sarah are on that cart - well then you basically just screwed me.
(4) Yeah - this is my 3rd cookie - why don't you F off.

Working lunches are the worst.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I think you stole this from one of my many rants about bluncheons. But that's okay. Get it out there in the public so people reading this can spread the word. P.S. I love you.

10:03 AM

 
Blogger Jacq said...

A working lunch is about as bad as having a Christmas Party during office hours. You go down to eat, endure the exec director commendear all the attention just waiting for the day she retires, and then after an hour, you're up at your desk again. That seemed to be the best option.

We don't have our Christmas parties like that since she retired. BOO YA

11:36 AM

 
Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

Let me tell you what's worse. Being invited to one of these fucking things OVER THE PHONE. Because then you get to (a) provide your OWN lunch, which you may or may not get reimbursed for, and (b) you get to listen to the people on the other end of the phone eat. But don't even talk to me because last night I had to go to a 4 hour bluncheon with 97 people I didn't know and had to golfclap for. What did I get out of it besides a sweaty ass from sitting on a fucking vinyl chair for 4 hours? A hunk of lucite and a hunk of prime rib, the latter of which beats a shitty pizza all to hell, but still. FOUR HOURS. Plus two in the car to get there and back.

5:47 PM

 
Blogger John said...

How gay would it be if they wheeled me and Sarah in on a cart with the cookies and dookie sandwich blunches.

9:50 PM

 
Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

It depends on what you were doing. You could make it not gay...if you tried.

4:52 AM

 
Blogger Jacq said...

WOO HOO! A ride on the cart! SIGN ME UP! (I'm so gay...)

1:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home