(I am back and we have some things to discuss. Can't... control.... anger!"

Friday, April 15, 2005

What is that smell?

So people seem to really like the pissed off Scott more than the other one. Mark refers to them as, "the introspective 'me and my nutbag' Scott, and the pissed off Scott" Well once I vent in some post I am usually happy for a day or two - so pissed off Scott can't come out and play today.

If you ever read Erik's blog he is constantly trying to find the source of various smells around Cleveland. Well there is a stank today - but I know the source.... It's me.

Normally I wear two shirts, an undershirt and a button-up shirt. That is what i have on today. Well... One of these shirts stinks. It's not a B.O. stank or something I spilled. No it's more subtle. The stank was totally undetectable when I got dressed this morning - you see this funk is body heat activated (like Degree antipersperant). Here's the deal one of these shirts got left in the washing machine. I am not sure how long it sat there... wet and clung to the side... but is was a while. Anyway somehow that combination of dark, wet and compacted = funk. It is a nasty funk and I get to smell it all day long. If you've ever had this issue you know it sucks the big one. WTF? Aren't the shirts totally clean and in clean water just sitting there damp (yet totally clean)? Where does this total shit-smell emerge from?

Anyway - I have to suffer through this all day. Oh, and I have to go home and see if I can find shit that was in the same load as one of these shirts. Good times!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

1. I like introspective Scott more than angry Scott because angry Scott quotes Tool a lot, and I am scared of Tool. I love you both, but stop with the Tool is all I'm saying.

2. Freshman year of college Sudha didn't dry his shirts all the way-he just folded them up and put them away. About a month later he opened his drawer and noticed the the weird smell he'd been smelling for a month was overpowering so he started emptying the drawer. All his shirts had grown mold-yes, actual mold. He told me this story in a letter, and it was the greatest letter I ever received. Goddammit Sudha is funny.

12:59 PM

 
Blogger Scott said...

Does Sudha use chap stick? I need to know.

2:05 PM

 
Blogger John said...

Having one of those stink shirts on turns me into the angry John. Goddammit I get so pissed. I hate stink especially when I'm wearing it.

4:41 PM

 
Blogger Erik with a K said...

Yikes, stanky Scott scares me more than Angry Scott which scares me more than Introspective Scott. I am so glad you did not take up my lunch offer today then, as it is I get to smell dog funk, cat funk, duck funk (try saying that 5 times fast) and fresh chemical funk from the sealant.

5:29 PM

 
Blogger armalicious said...

My husband gets mad at me when I leave my clothes in the washer too long, thus creating the stank, because then I have to run the washer again and he's usually waiting to use it. I hate the stank smell, too. Stupid mildew.

6:37 PM

 
Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

Yeah, it smells like sour milk or something. Disgusting. Sometimes it's your pants and not your shirt, so you don't smell it until you sit down at your desk. I love that.

10:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home