(I am back and we have some things to discuss. Can't... control.... anger!"

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Bob Ross

I am pretty sure you know who Bob Ross is - you may think you don't - but you do. He is this guy that makes paintings on PBS, he is white but has an afro... He talks about happy trees and happy clouds... he is awesome. Anyway, he's dead - sorry if you were unaware. But his legacy lives on via PBS. So I set my ReplayTV to record "The Joy of Painting". I watched the same episode like 6 times yesterday - it put me into some kind of hypnotic trance. I swear I could have had major surgery without anisthetic - I was that entranced. Has anyone seen this guy? Or experienced this phenomenon? Anyway - my ReplyTV will be capturing more Bob Ross in the future.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a moment, I thought you meant Dave Ross (the radio editorial guy) and I was so happy.

But then I realized that I misread. Sigh.

Dave Ross really annoys me, he is always very flip and 'anti'.

Just once, Dave Ross, talk about something you're impressed with, instead of coy cynicism all the time.

1:08 PM

 
Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

It's out on DVD now - the guy's a legend. He died when his pancreas exploded or something like that.
I liken him to the show about the guy on PBS who spent a year up in Alaska building a cabin by himself using hand tools. Hypnotic - you can't turn away even if you've seen it 10 times.

1:48 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Plus what's up with his voice? Why don't they just play a lullaby while he paints since that is the effect it has on me. Also I really like his paintings. That might make me a total loser, but I don't care. I think they are pretty, and I can tell that I am looking at a tree and a babbling brook with happy mountains in the background.

2:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I was reading your post, I thought, "I have no idea who Bob Ross is". Bored, I almost moved on, but then you said, "you may think you don't but you do". When I read the next sentance, I got so excited because I knew EXACTLY who you were talking about. Great description! Laughing out loud, I started reading your blog to my office-mate, from the beginning, but then I got to the part that said he was dead, which I hadn't read the first time, and it just didn't fit in with my excited laughing voice. My office-mate looked a little nervous...

4:15 PM

 
Blogger armalicious said...

He really was a genious. He would start painting and you would think "there's no way this is going to look like anything" and soon there are trees and shrubs (happy, of course) and Voila! it's a real painting. And his voice really is soothing.

7:23 PM

 
Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

I saw him on my TV the other day. He looks pretty good for a dead guy.

9:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home