(I am back and we have some things to discuss. Can't... control.... anger!"

Thursday, March 31, 2005

More on (moron) gas prices

I made a previous post about gas prices going up towards $2.50/gallon. So, since that post prices have gone up more. So the news sent a team out to see the man on the street. They interview some guy, "This is Bill from Cleveland - Bill is only getting $5 worth of gas - because it is all he can afford." So they cut to the guy filling his tank - he makes some comment about how expensive gas is getting and I shit-you-not he has a carton of cigarettes in one hand and a coffee mug in the other. Well.... that looks like about $20 worth of crap you probably could forgo shithead.

My gripe isn't with gas prices its with the actual price. Let me clarify. I don't mind paying $2.29/gallon for gas. I DO mind paying $2.299/gallon. What the fuck is that? Pennies are stupid and useless - but fractions of pennies? That is total bullshit. I think all of the stations need to band together and just agree to shit-can the fraction of a penny. They all do it and it annoys the shit out of me.

5 Comments:

Blogger armalicious said...

How did you superscript that 9? Sweet! I really need to learn more HTML...

5:55 PM

 
Blogger John said...

I just saw how some radio station around akron I think was selling 9.69 gallons of gas for 96.9 cents a gallon if you wanted to wait in a mile long line for it literally. The news guy walks up to some asspilot in a Jimmy and says
"so you waiting for the gas?"
and the guy goes "yeah I drove all the way from Cleveland"
then news guy "what?"
truck guy "yeah I drove 22 miles down here for the gas"

So I figured out that captain asswad drove 44 miles to save $11. But given that his shitwagon gets 11 miles per gallon that means he has to buy 4 gallons of the $2.29 a gallon stuff. So it ends up he totally saved $1.89 for his 3 hours. or roughly 63 cents an hour. not too shabby my friend.
not too shabby at all.

11:48 PM

 
Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

What sucks in NY (and probably in cleveland) is that the taxes are responsible for adding 20 cents to the price per gallon.

6:46 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Yeah I don't like the fraction of a penny either. It confuses me. Plus it's always a 9. What's the point? Let's just round it up. And just so you know cartons of cigarettes are like $30-35. But hey at least they fuel your car-oh wait...

9:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a gold heart charm bracelet site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home