(I am back and we have some things to discuss. Can't... control.... anger!"

Monday, June 06, 2005

Holy effing hot

I retract my doubts about the whole "Global Warming" thing. It is mother fucking hot outside right now. I almost died yesterday. Here's the deal. I used to be on the swim team, in high school. I was 180lbs and 6'4" (that is pretty thin). I could swim like an M'Fer and was in great aerobic shape. I have since gained 60lbs (I weigh 240 for the math challenged). So 240 and 6'4" - if you look at the "Am I going to have a heart attack today?" chart I am in the yellow section. So not great but decent (you know for an American Gen. x'er).

Well when I take off my white T-shirt the most note worthy thing isn't my slight paunch that hangs over my belt - its the fact that it still looks like I have a white T-shirt on. I have a farmer's tan from way back. I rarely take my shirt off where I can be seen (you know - in view of the sun). This has to do with some weird body image things that only girls should have.

Anynugget it was about 4,000 dergrees at Chez-Scott yesterday and I was working in the sun. So I had to make a big decision. Sweat my nuts off or lose my shirt. I told Sarah that in my head there is a complex matrix/cost benefit analysis that tells me when it is socially acceptable to take my shirt off. I tried to draw this out for you - but Stephen Hawking and I are the only ones on earth that can comprehend this 4 dimentional theoretical mathematical matrix. So I am giving you the dumbed down version. (To Shamus : I will try to build one that uses Celsius so you can understand too).

8 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Sheesh, I'd hate to see how hot it would have to be for you to lose your pants, too!

Glad you're back... I missed your rage.

6:58 PM

 
Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

So did you do the shorts or long pants?

9:17 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Scott has no problem with shorts cuz he has sexy calves. Right, Scotty?

10:20 PM

 
Blogger Scott said...

I will wear shorts in any weather above 0 degrees. My calves have actual muscle mass and definition (through no effort of my own - this is purely genetic - but I'll take what I can get)

7:55 AM

 
Blogger Brian said...

The clinic is opening a new gastric bypass floor. I'll donate $10

8:06 AM

 
Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

The formula is subtract 32 and then divide by 2.

I hate that I have to keep track of things in both formats. As if I didn't have enough crap to remember.

4:07 PM

 
Blogger John said...

I think the formula is eat a cock and then say eh all the time.

7:10 PM

 
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Call me warped but I think there's something kind of sexy about a farmer's tan; it conjures up images of a rugged, outdoorsy, not-afraid-of-a-little-hard-work, buff as all get out, stud-muffin riding a tractor. Crap. Now look what you've done.

6:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home