(I am back and we have some things to discuss. Can't... control.... anger!"

Friday, July 29, 2005

Take your clothes off...

Okay, real quickly, take all of your clothes off and stand in front of a mirror. If what you see is NOT hot, white and female - then for the love of God do NOT get kidnapped or murdered - because no one will give a shit about you. I know I have hit this before - but I need to revisit it. Natalee Holloway was kidnapped/murdered 61 days ago (I know the number of days because today's breaking news was "Alabama girl missing 61 day"). Yep, breaking news. That makes the date of her disappearance 05/29/2005. Since then I have seen about 30 special reports, my pager has a daily update on the investigation and Natalee's mom's feelings on different suspects etc. I certainly sympathize with the family - this is a horrible thing to have happen - but you know what is more horrible? Ugly people, men and minorities die too - and no one cares. On May 21 (one week before Natalee's trip to Aruba) a family of 9 was incinerated in Cleveland. The were burned to death as they slept and the cause was arson.

The biggest mass murder in Cleveland history is unsolved. I haven't heard a damn thing about it since June 1. A search on CNN.com for "Cleveland arson" produces 6 hits (only 1 is actually related to THE LARGEST MASS MURDER IN THE HISTORY OF A MAJOR *US* CITY). A search for Natalee Holloway gets ..... 42 results!!!! That is like one every fucking day and a half. I wish I was black - because I'd be protesting my ass off about the injustice of the overcoverage of hot white girls and the lack of any coverage of a *confirmed* murdered black family. This is fucking bullshit.

I live in God Damn Cleveland - they love to talk about "The Cleveland Connection" ummmm assholes 9 of your citizens are dead. Pull the fucking I-Team off of "are there rat droppings in your Subway Sub?" and have them find the killer of this poor fucking family. Or at least have them figure out why the media won't cover the story any more.

You can Put your clothes back on.

6 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

classic -- we talk about this all the time.

2:07 AM

 
Blogger Libby said...

at least they are covering the missing pregnant black mom in philly. still does nothing for ohio, now does it?
LibbY!

7:34 PM

 
Blogger LizzieDaisy said...

That was one beautiful rant. And well deserved.

2:46 PM

 
Blogger Rob Seifert said...

You mean beause I'm fat, male, nearly middle aged and white that if I were to die, no one in the national media would notice!?! OMG! Our society's priorities are all screwed up. What gets reported on the news is just one expression of this. I had the same difficulty with the Columbine Highschool shootings a few years back. Yes it was a tragedy, yes I feel/felt for the families involved, but no it was not any more tragic than the significantly larger number of kids that die every day due to drinking, or by being shot on the way home from school for wearing the wrong shirt or a pair of shoes somebody wants.

RCS

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Sylvana said...

I never even heard of the Cleveland arson. That's terrible!

Who the hell cares about some over-priveledged white chick? I know I don't. They could have taken out Paris Hilton too. Now THAT would have made me happy!

10:07 AM

 
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Well since nobody else here mentioned it, I shall. The girl was a teen. Off on what was probably her first jaunt away from mom and dad. Foreign country. NO CHAPERONES at the bar. A teen. A pretty, white, undoubtedly somewhat inebraited and somewhat virgin. Out in a bar with TEEN friends, unguarded. She left the place with not one and not two but THREE complete strangers. Voluntarily. All eyewitness accounts show she was NOT dragged off by her hair.
She probably wasn't the most delicate flower on the face of the earth, and even still ~ 61 FUCKING DAYS LATER AND WE STILL HEAR ABOUT IT?
Lastly, it's an island. It's surrounded by WATER. Call me stupid but I'm guessing if someone really wanted to 'hide' her body, it wouldn't be found in a dumpster or inland pond. Can we stop looking yet?
I feel for the parents too, and fully understand the need to "hold out hope" but not at the expense of every sane person who simply wants to hear the "news" in their living room two months down the road.
Sorry for the lengthy comment.
I'm done.

5:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home