(I am back and we have some things to discuss. Can't... control.... anger!"

Friday, March 18, 2005

$2.50!!!!!

Oh my god!! On the news today they said gas prices might jump to $2.50 this summer! I mean it was such big news that our local FOX channel had a lady standing infront of a gas station and reporting (thank god the gas was only $2.19 - better stock up now!)

Are you fucking stupid America? Okay, I'll break this down for you.

* 1,000,000 years ago a dinosaur has to die in a bog
* millions of years of pressure squeeze the bio-matter into oil
* a survey team with millions of dollars of equipment comb the fucking scortching desert to find the oil
* They might even be wrong a few times and waste a bunch of money
* Then the oil is discovered and a massive operation is built to tap the source
* Once the oil starts pumping it is put into a pipeline (oh they have to build that too)
* The pipline takes the oil to huge containers near the sea
* Oh and people have to protect these with their army so fuckwits like Saddam don't burn them down
* Then it is pumped on to a super-tanker (which must be a couple hundred million a copy)
* Then the ship and her whole crew sail to the US
* Then the oil goes to a refinery (by pipeline or truck)
* Then the oil is refined by a bunch of people at some super fucking expensive place
* Then it is put on to trucks and shipped to 7-11 (the truck driver gets paid)
* Then you pump the gas and pay Rajneesh (he gets a cut too)

After all of that - all of those people it is fucking $2.19!!! Are you kidding? It should be like $400 a gallon. But no we bitch and complain. My commute is 60 miles a day - my car gets roughly 30 miles/gallon so a $1 increase in gas costs me $2 a day. So there is some impact.

So this is the big complaint $2? Let's get some TV crews on the scene fast!! You fucking idiots! You pay $4.25 for a fucking Chai Latte-chino every goddamn day!!! To make this they do this -

* Some kid picks some beans and gets paid with a bowl of rice
* The beans are shipped to 'bucks
* A dude making minimum wage grinds them and gives them to you

Somehow this is worth $4.25 and no one complains. God I will fucking throat punch the next reporter at a gas station - get your shit over to StarBucks - that is where the news is. Dammit - am I the only person that is thinking this??

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oh my God I just wet myself.

2:22 PM

 
Blogger Cold Hands said...

Agreed....

2:43 PM

 
Blogger Beck said...

I think you were the only person thinking that; but not anymore. Kudos to you for bringing it to our attention.

In my experience, it's mostly the people who drive SUV's that are complaining the loudest. Well what do you expect? Next time, buy yourself a Pinto! You're hogging the road, anyway.

(Don't tell me-- YOU drive an SUV... I'm sure I've just insulted yet another person without even meaning to.)

3:01 PM

 
Blogger Scott said...

Chevy TrailBlazer EXT - it is like a BIGGER version of the regular TrailBlazer SUV. I use it for long trips and schlepping kids around. I am not insulted - I know it seals my obnoxious yuppie status.

3:05 PM

 
Blogger armalicious said...

One more dollar and I would think that the Lochness Monster was running the gas station ($3.50)

6:36 PM

 
Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

One other thing the reporters don't mention. In inflation-adjusted dollars, gas isn't really all that expensive.

7:30 PM

 
Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Trouble is, the towel heads aren't making the coffee, it's a guy with a donkey. You feel sorry for a guy with a donkey, but not for a Saudi driving a Rolls Royce.

9:49 AM

 
Blogger John said...

I don't know what gas would have to cost for me to give 2 shits about it but suffice it to say it isn't even close. I seriously think it should cost at least twice what it does.

2:55 PM

 
Blogger David said...

It took me two minutes to stop laughing long enough to even comment on what a great post that was.

9:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home