(I am back and we have some things to discuss. Can't... control.... anger!"

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Voicemail

Voicemail is the worst thing ever. People leave long rambling messages that have zero content. "I am having an issue with a specific system. Everytime I go in a get this weird error. I had Toby try it to and he gets the error. It is really annoying and it is hampering our ability to do our job. This is urgent - please address it as soon as possible!" Great - so I have no idea WHAT system it is or WHAT you were doing or WHAT the error is. So I have to call you and tell that to your voicemail - so you can voicemail me back. Use Email and give specifics!!!

The other bad one is this guy. The guy that leaves a voicemail like he's Ban Stein, "Hi.... Scott... It's.... Reggie..... I .... am.... having ...... an ....... issue ......" It is like my whole life. Then right at the end he makes the jump to light speed. ".... really ...... important ...... please ...... call ..... me ..... at 546060349343459" Like this wicked fast turbo charged deluge of fucking numbers that my brain cannot handle. Holy crap - it is overloaded. Then I have to listen to his P.o.S. message again and poise myself to capture the phone number at the end.

Why? Why do they want me to hate them?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously, what is that? Why leave this life-suckingly long message (repeating yourself like 80 times) and then warpspeed through the number? That is what my hell will be.
urban princess

11:54 AM

 
Blogger Carly said...

You think that's bad. Whenever President Oscar Meyer decides he has to put out a coroporate-wide voicemail I get it like 3 times. I always have to listen to a long preface that I can't skip telling me it's from NASA address "Zero, zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero 7" or something stupid like that, and reminding me that I should not reply to this message. (I don't know HOW to reply to one of those voicemails that jump from city to city. I lost my decoder ring some time ago. The time stamp is always about 3 am. WTF??

9:43 PM

 
Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

Carly, you're missing the humor. If you've seen office space, you'd be picturing his "O" face -- because the voice mail doesn't say "zero" it says "Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh."

6:22 AM

 
Blogger Carly said...

I did see office space... my brother in law gave it to us over the 4th of July saying it was the Funniest Movie Ever. Mr. Carly promptly lost the DVD and I explained that to BIL every time he asked me about it but somehow I caught hell for it every time.

We finally watched it about a week ago and it was funny...the star reminds me of this guy I know... who even wears similar shirts... I was drinking a big glass of wine at the time so it really messed me up.

3:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home