(I am back and we have some things to discuss. Can't... control.... anger!"

Friday, February 11, 2005

I would do anything for love...

... but I won't do that.

What is it that Meatloaf won't do? Dammit - just tell us Meatloaf. It's anal - isn't it? I bet it is. I like a man that has limits - good work 'Loaf.

So I love my kids and I want them to be heathly so I decided to get a flu shot. A little background here. EVERY year my mom begs and pleads with me to get a flu shot. "They" say this year is going to be really bad. "They" are saying the shot this year covers more strains. "They" are saying there may be shortages of the vaccine - so go gt your shot. If I ever meet this "they" I will punch them in the face for brainwashing my mom into total hysterics. So I figure I have 2 kids now and I don't want them to get sick from me. So I have commited to the shot on my trip to the doctor.

Let me give a little more background - I am a total p**sy (edited because some women hate this word and I am a blogwhore). I haven't had a shot since before puberty. No tetanus (that is how it is spelled - I looked it up - its got the word "anus" right in there) no flu shots - nothing for at least 15 years. I am afraid of shots (strangely I give blood regularly).

So when I am at the doctor's office I tell them I want a flu shot AND a tetanus shot. So take whatever scares you most (heights, midgets, sharks, etc.) and double it. Well, luck be a lady tonight because they are out of flu shots. But dammit I already asked for tetanus and I can't wimp out now (I want to set an example for my kids - so they aren't p**sies and don't get beat up). The girl asks which arm I don't use and puts the shot in there. She tells me it will hurt. It doesn't hurt at all! Hooray! I did it. I come to work the next day and tell everyone - like I won the Nobel prize or something. (My friend Sarah is allergic to everything and gets like 14 shots a week - she is not impressed). Okay - remember when the nurse said it would hurt? She didn't mean then - she means NOW. It has been 2 days and my arm is so f'ing sore - like a big brother held me down and punched me mercilessly.

So to sum up -
my mom believes anything "they" say
Meatloaf doesn't like ass-play
I am still a p**sy

6 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

And all this time I thought Mr. Loaf was talking about going shoe shopping at JC Penney's.

5:05 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

I thought Meat Loaf was talking about sharing his Dr. Pepper. Have you seen that commercial? It's so awesome.

Flu shots hurt like a total biatch for the few days afterwards. Holy crap. And for some reason that is the week that everyone decides that they need to playfully punch you in the arm when they make a joke. People who have never actually made physical contact with me have chosen those few days to poke me right where I got the shot and shove me into walls and stuff. But seriously--shots are easy. Quit being a pussy. (I am actually one of those girls who love that word and use it often.)

12:59 AM

 
Blogger John said...

I've never punched Scott. But I punched him right in the tetanus shot for no apparent reason that day. Funny. I swear I didn't know he got it

3:19 PM

 
Blogger danielle said...

i took the nerd test and i'm 70% nerdier than most. you're still way nerdier. but seriously, who doesn't know the symbol for manganese.

9:31 PM

 
Blogger Erik with a K said...

I hate manganese food - too many bamboo shoots and cicadas...

1:02 AM

 
Blogger Brian said...

2 kids. Time for the big V - vasectomy. Only one shot there. Right in the testes and blue balls for weeks after. Very fun stuff.

8:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home