(I am back and we have some things to discuss. Can't... control.... anger!"

Thursday, January 20, 2005

2 things that piss me off but neither deserves its own post

Cursive - In school you learn how to write and it looks roughly like I am writing now (print characters). You are getting the hang of it - "g" , "p" , "q" , "j" and "y" all "go in the basement" at least that's how I learned it. So I am the M'Fing master of writing and then they throw cursive at you. Cursive is the ugliest, stupidest most useless fucking thing ever. I never write in cursive - it was a fantastic waste of time to learn cursive because it sucks - bad. To this day I cannot read cursive. to me cursive = "fucking lazy and sloppy" but that's just me. Anyway, some part of my brain won't allow me to ::
(1) Read cursive - I just can't do it. Write something and hand it to me - I'll stare like it's in Cyrillic
(2) Tell time on a regular watch. If it is not digital - again I just stare at it.
(3) Tell colors - I am "color blind"
(4) Figure out what time in "would have been" if day light savings didn't happen. Me, "Ummm so at this time yesterday it would have been like 4pm or something" (this is me at breakfast)
PS - Fuck you cursive

Our Selections Have Changed - Pick up the phone right now and dial 1-800-###-####. I guarantee it says, "Please stop and listen as our selections have changed." Bullshit - total bullshit. I bet they haven't. If this were true there would be whole departments dedicated to changing the VRU every 3 days. Your selections haven't changed - I am on to you!

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Damn skippy. Cursive is really only for polite, southern society women that have nothing better to do with their time than write notes that no one's gonna read 'cuz cursive is so archaic they've forgotten how. If I could, I'd still write with those big fat crayons they gave you in kindergarten. How cool would that be?

12:41 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Whoa-there's a new Sarah on this blog. Dear other Sarah, just FYI I am the original, but you are clearly awesome (I can tell by your name) so you can stay. :)

To this day I do the half cursive/half print thing. If you asked me to write in all cursive I don't think I could. My main beef with cursive is uppercase Q and Z's. WTF. Scott, do you even wear a watch?

1:10 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Original Sarah, I bow at your awesomeness.

1:39 PM

 
Blogger Mike McAllen said...

This is bullshit - no comments from anonymous people?
I likeyour blog
m

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Scott said...

grass - I changed the preferences - you can post anonymously. Fire away.

2:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah #3 - I just wanted to say I see there are 2 other lesser Sarahs here. Make no mistake I am the original and I am the most awesome

2:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These comments are funnier than the post...

-Sarah #4, big rack, brown eyes, etc

2:15 PM

 
Blogger John said...

Sarah #4 sounds pretty hot

4:15 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

As urban princess sarah, I must confess that I have a spectacular rack and green eyes.

4:40 PM

 
Blogger Scott said...

Urban Princess Sarah (not the other 3) - I would think the spectacular rack and green eyes would yank guys in from across the nation (let alone the room). Maybe things are different in SLC than they are in Cleveland. Here either or rack/green eyes will draw guys in. Maybe the patchcouli soaked hippie guys out there won't notice anything short of - http://sarahwick.blogspot.com/2005/01/who-rang-that-bell.html

8:43 PM

 
Blogger danielle said...

all of a sudden i'm really kinda sad that my name isn't sarah and that i don't have a big rack.

7:56 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

You should be.

9:52 AM

 
Blogger John said...

I think we may have a "hot spare" for the original Sarah if she ever disses us for lunch again. Hey backup Sarah can you move to Ohio? If not, at least we have geographically distributed disaster recovery.

Holy crap I'm a total loser IT dork for actually thinking that's funny.

12:20 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd love to be your back-up Sarah, although from the sound of things, I would never be as cool as Original Sarah.

1:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All this talk of hot-swapping, racks and twins named sara sounds simply divine. This blog IS about cooking, right?
/Shamus signed on as anonymous just for the hell of it

4:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home